Today was a mixed bag of emotions if you have been eagerly awaiting the reveal of the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront by EA studio ,DICE.
While we all knew the reveal was coming a great many of us knew nothing about the game and what to expect. Well all that changed today. The curtains have been pulled back and we now have a Bantha sized heaping of info to digest and while most of it is good, there is some of it that is more like ” Bantha Poodoo”.
Lets start with the trailer, which you can watch below.
Here’s what we know
- The game will support 40 players ( 20 per side)
- No Story mode/Campaign is in the game
- It will support a Co-Op experience of some kind that is mission based
- It supports Split Screen play
- No space combat will be included in the core game ( DLC isn’t ruled out or mentioned)
- The game takes place entirely in the Original Trilogy timeline
- Battlefront will include both 3rd person and 1st person game play
- Character Customization will include FEMALE in game characters
- ” Hero/ Villain” controlled characters will be available but no details on how they are brought into play
- Iconic vehicles will be included and battle in ” earthbound” enviroments
- The game will ship with 4 planets at launch ( No mention on how many maps this encompasses)
Im sure more details will trickle out as we lead into E3 this June but all we have after the latest reveal is a” Game Engine Footage” trailer which smells of a tricky marketing spin to make us think we are looking at in game assets.
While I am truly excited about this game and have no problem with what the game will include at launch the internet as a whole is blowing up over what they feel a Battlefront game should encompass versus what DICE has shown us so far.
While others may fear the safety of their beloved franchise , I have this to say to them…
Dwayne “EVO Knight” Morash